Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Back to School: What's In My School Bag

It's the first of my back to school series, although I hate the term "back to school" and dread it as summer seems nearly over as soon as you see the signs in the shop windows, however I thought I would share my "whats in my school bag" but mine will be a little different as I am heading into sixth form so won't need all the 'typical' stuff but is still pretty similar.

This is also a collab with Nicole from thriftyvintagefashion so go and check out her blog too!


First off my bag is just a simple black bag which I have bought to last me a few weeks before I get the one I initially want and ordered however I have come to love this bag. It has a massive pocket in the centre with a small button fastening perfect size for folders then two zip pockets on either side, one side for school equipment then the other side for more non school and beauty stuff.

In the open pocket I am going to put a folder in as I think I will have a lot of notes for sixth form filled with plastic wallets then some dividers once it gets more full but also put in any school books, so things that wouldn't get stolen but are also big enough to not fall out.


Then in one of the zip pockets is my school stuff, so that will include my pencil case which is clear so when I do exams it meets all the regulations, then I have about four pens including biros and ink pens, along with pencils, a ruler, a rubber, a sharpener and highlighters. Then I have a collection of paper clips and sticky notes to mark pages.





This year I am determined to be organised and keep more up to date as I am very bad at it the night before springs to mind when it comes to homework, to help with this I also have a planner which I only thought of buying yesterday as I completely forgot due to being supplied one by the school in previous years, I got this one from Paper chase and the vintage pattern is so pretty!

 
The last things in this zip pocket is a little notebook for any spare notes I need to jot down and a pack of flashcards for revision.

The opposite zip pocket now gets a bit more interesting as I keep all my 'personal' stuff starting with my phone, which I absolutely cannot wait for my upgrade as it just doesn't stop freezing argh. Then I have my purse from Primark which is just the right size which is also my everyday purse I will swap between bags as I will probably go out at dinner time or after school, then I keep my iPod and earphones then finally my keys.


In the same pocket I  have my Zoella beauty bag with all my must haves including my my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and Powder Brush, concealer, a lip balm, which I chose to be the new one by Zoella then what ever lipstick I am wearing that day. I also love a good perfume or body spray, my particular favourite at the minute is The Body shop one in jasmine which is a gorgeous smell! I also love to have a handy hand cream especially when approaching autumn and winter. Then I will carry separately a packet of paracetamol, my inhaler for my asthma, hand sanitiser, tissues and deodorant. As you can tell I am a serious  over packing however I actually use everything! 

Have I missed anything? What are/were your must haves for your school bag?

♥︎

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love your bag! I have one very similar. It was lovely doing a collab post with you x



    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I hope we can do more in the future!

      Delete
  2. Just the pictures of your stationery makes me happy, ahah! I also used to take the stay matte powder to school but it would always break and crumble, is it just me or does it happen to you too? x

    francescaroseblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This always happens to me! Thats why I always take a nearly finished one haha!

      Delete
  3. Such cute stationery and I used to take my entire make up bag to college as I woke up late most days and needed to do my make up on the bus, I don't recommend! xx

    chaptersofkat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just tell that will happen to me, I start off organised then slowly I become less and less!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog you can tell you put a lot of effort into it :) keep up the amazing work

    Jadiee'sLittleBlogGIVEAWAY
    Have a wonderful day
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this post, Katie! Beau bag & its contents! :)
    Your supplies are amazing, I love all the colours! Getting so exciting over pretty stationery lol.
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only think I can think you've missed is a bottle of water. I love all the colours - you've picked some awesome colours.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Will definitely need to remember that the first day! Thank you.

      Delete